A little self-balancing experiment

General Discussion

• thegreck 6 June 2016, 03:43 UTC

I've been wondering what would happen if I put objects of similar weight onto the footpads of the Onewheel and leveled it, so I tried it out.

I was kind of thinking it would just make up for the difference and remain balanced, but as it turns out, it takes a bit of effort to get it to stay in one place and not take off in the direction of the heavier object:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIuYw9cggs0

• MichaelW 6 June 2016, 05:39 UTC

This is a completely useless video and I was riveted. Watched it twice... One or both of us need another hobby Greg! LOL!! @thegreck

• germx @thegreck 6 June 2016, 09:15 UTC

@thegreck Really nice work. I was trying to do this as well, but failed. So it's really nice to se the result.

• thegreck @MichaelW 6 June 2016, 13:48 UTC

@MichaelW said in A little self-balancing experiment:

This is a completely useless video and I was riveted. Watched it twice... One or both of us need another hobby Greg! LOL!! @thegreck

And I had other things I should've been doing, too. That's how important is was for me to make this useless video for no reason.

• MichaelW 6 June 2016, 16:16 UTC

They say OneWheel is the new heroin.

• jim @MichaelW 6 June 2016, 19:54 UTC

@MichaelW Ditto!!!

• C
    Count 8 June 2016, 03:56 UTC

Completely pointless, but watched it twice!

• donny h @MichaelW 8 June 2016, 16:40 UTC

@MichaelW I believe it is! If I don't stop doing it so much I might lose my job and marriage over it. I haven't slept right since I got it!

• donny h @thegreck 8 June 2016, 17:26 UTC

@thegreck cool video! That was fun to watch for some reason, I must be obsessed.