Boosted Boards meetup happening now...

General Discussion

• Wrex 2 September 2016, 00:50 UTC

I know. Not a Boosted Board site, but hear me out:

They're putting together ride events, celebrating the release of their Gen 2 boards across the nation.

Would be funny to attend the events with our OW's and ride along with them, then shoot off into grass and dirt and such.

Yeah. I'm a butthole. Lol. But hey: I do have a Gen 2 Boosted Board on order too, so technically, I am a customer, lol.

• LidPhones @Wrex 2 September 2016, 01:37 UTC

@Wrex LOL, Too funny! Do it.

• MichaelW 2 September 2016, 02:09 UTC

This sounds fun! I would go...

• thegreck @Wrex 2 September 2016, 03:11 UTC

@Wrex You have any more info or links? I couldn't find any info on their blog.

• Wrex @thegreck 2 September 2016, 03:56 UTC

@thegreck said in Boosted Boards meetup happening now...:

@Wrex You have any more info or links? I couldn't find any info on their blog.

They've been adding events to their FB page the past week:

https://www.facebook.com/BoostedBoards/?fref=ts

• Hubbitron 2 September 2016, 11:11 UTC

That thing looks dope!

• thegreck @Wrex 3 September 2016, 17:00 UTC

@Wrex Be cool if they did one in Santa Monica, where we usually have our OW meetups. We could all go and try out the new Boosted Board, then ride with them on our Onewheels. Probably get left in the dust, but we can take on a lot of terrain they can't.

• slydogstroh 4 September 2016, 11:25 UTC

So I have done exactly this with the local Boosted Board group here in Chicago. It's been really great actually. Everyone is nice as can be and just stoked to have another rider come along. I have infiltrated the enemy, luckily they have not noticed yet lol.
    0_1472988131541_IMG_1642.jpg

• Wrex @slydogstroh 4 September 2016, 18:30 UTC

@slydogstroh said in Boosted Boards meetup happening now...:

So I have done exactly this with the local Boosted Board group here in Chicago. It's been really great actually. Everyone is nice as can be and just stoked to have another rider come along. I have infiltrated the enemy, luckily they have not noticed yet lol.

Hah! That's flipping awesome! DId you guys swap out boards and try each other's out and stuff? What was the feedback, if so? What did you think of the Boosted?

• slydogstroh @Wrex 4 September 2016, 19:15 UTC

@Wrex As a long time longboarder, I love boosted! They are a great company that is going to last because they are listening to their customer base and are making great business decisions. Boosted is poised to be a GIANT in the portable vehicle game and I'm sure I'll own one someday.
    //
    That being said, I eat, breath and dream about my Onewheel. Rainy day? I pack my business clothes in my bag and get wet on my commute to work. It makes running errands into an awesome adventure. Not to mention all the people I have met (this board is a magnet for onlookers and questions). There is nothing like the float feeling of riding a Onewheel, including these remote controlled electric boards. I am so grateful that FM has managed to create such an amazing product from the ground up, and I really hope they continue to grow, innovate and be a player in the market the way Boosted has.
    //
    I let everyone with enough courage try my board (probably stupid, I know - I'm too nice). So yea a few of the other riders tried it out. I think what keeps most people away from this board is that it takes time to learn the motor, how to accelerate safely, how to carve, how to dismount safely, ect, ect. They liked it, but I was the only person in the group who could safely do more than 5mph on it.

// TLDR; Boosted is awesome, OW is a awesome. The both have pros and cons. For me, OW has blown away my expectations by keeping up with Boosted riders, being waterproof, having that intuitive floaty-feeling, ect.
    And for that I am extremely grateful :) @Future-Motion