Detachable half-fender

Product Wishlist

• jeff8v7 2 January 2016, 04:54 UTC

The full fender is awesome in gravel or water, but it has a few disadvantages too - not as cool looking as the tire, scratches easily, awkward to carry if detached (not to mention difficult to detach) ...

Anyone thought about making a half fender instead?

Kind of like mini mud flaps sticking straight up from the board on each side of the wheel. I imagine a few inches would suffice to deflect any water or debris being tossed up by the wheel. They could even be rugged & flexible (think actual mud flaps) - so there would be no worries about cracking or scratching if the OW rolls over.

If they were magnetically attachable (@rjcustom) even better - as they could slip flat into a bag, and be quickly clicked on for inclement weather.

Hmm.. actually a cheap full fender cut from a truck mud flap would be pretty ghetto too... especially if it had one of those "classy" decorations. Anyone live near a truck stop, have some big scissors, and a quick one wheeled get away vehicle? :-)

• njcustom @jeff8v7 2 January 2016, 05:09 UTC

@jeff8v7 I've actually thought about making something like a flap.. Something that sits very close to the tire and on the rear underside.. Not exactly sure how it would work until i make something.. Also was thinking of maybe a brush.. But that might make noise.. I will try in the future

• jeff8v7 2 January 2016, 06:04 UTC

I hadn't thought of a brush - that would be a cool stealthy solution too. It probably wouldn't take much to deflect water & pebbles...