Charging me for a Circuit Board Manufacturing Defect

Technical Support Forum

• W
    WoWo 25 October 2019, 17:13 UTC

I recently sent in my 10 month old board in for repair with 780 miles on it.

I was told there was water damage, but the pictures showed Corrosion near the Powered edge of the Circuit board... This is obviously because the Circuit Boards are not conformal coated: meaning they are not coated with a fingernail polish type material that will eliminate the chance for corrosion on the Circuit Boards.

I was charged for a New Battery Case, shipping and handling, and labor for this design/manufacturing issue..

These Circuit Boards should last longer than 10 months in the environments you advertise on your website.

Refund request...Please help...

• T
    Taranis 6 December 2019, 10:30 UTC

Your battery has only 6 months warranty

• U
    UTrider @WoWo 6 December 2019, 14:33 UTC

@WoWo said in Charging me for a Circuit Board Manufacturing Defect:

in the environments you advertise on your website.

I've looked at the website again. Not sure what environments your talking about. Everything on the page shows dry conditions. No rain. No snow. No wet trails.

• OneDan+ @WoWo 6 December 2019, 17:56 UTC

@WoWo Posting here won't get @Future-Motion to respond, you have to call them directly. I called a couple of days ago and, while I waited on hold for some 15 minutes, someone did eventually answer. Which is way better than in the past when you'd hold for 2 minutes, then it would hang up on you!.